Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Bedroom Bliss: Yarn + Eucalyptus Wall Hanging

DSC_0820

Our bedroom is my favorite place to decorate. There are tons of houseplants and antiques, and everything else is white. It's so fresh and comfortable; like staying in hotel but not having to use those dusty, tiny soaps in the shower.

However, I have this weird thing about light switches and electrical outlets. They look so sad to me and we rent, so I can't change the plates or paint over them (I don't think so, anyway). So I try to hide them.

I love to pretend that I'm immune to Pinterest whims, but I'm always digging around the supply closet to check and see if we have all of the tools and components for a last minute late night project.

When I saw this wall hanging from Poppytalk, I knew it would be the perfect project to camouflage yet another gnarly switch plate. We didn't have a dowel, though. My intense need to craft found me in the laundry room digging around for something dowel like. Yarn and eucalyptus were easier to find; they're all over the house.

I tried a few things; a paint stick, a yard stick, a mixing spoon. Determined. I finally ended up dismantling an aluminum broom left by the previous tenants and coloring the ends of the handle with a gold sharpie.

As soon as Patrick got home, we cut and tied all of the yarn and he added the Stargazer lights from Terrain. I actually really adore this project.

XO
Robbie