Monday, January 13, 2014

The Pine Stays Green in the Winter.

DSC_0848DSC_0824DSC_0818DSC_0808DSC_0842

On Robbie: Button Down-J. Crew Factory, Sweater-H&M, Weejuns-Bass
On Pat: Button Down + Sweater-J. Crew Factory, Jeans + Boots-J. Crew

This morning, we woke up late, made coffee and got a long bubble bath. Once we decided to be productive human beings, we took down the majority of our christmas decorations (including the tree). It was my first year in a very long time having a real tree, and I felt really sentimental about it. Something about taking care of it everyday created a bond that made it really difficult to toss it over the balcony and then drag it to the dumpster. I could have cried really. I'll never forget our first tree; picking the runt at the lot, making all of our ornaments by hand, and snuggling under the big lights watching White Christmas with Pat will stay with me for the rest of my life. Our first Christmas together was so simple and magical that even without the tree, I'll be able to carry a little piece of it with me every day.

After cleaning up the needles and moving all of the furniture back to it's original positions, Pat suggested that we head to Smithville to walk around and take pictures. I always look forward to going, we're so lucky to have such a magical little village nearby. And so we took pictures, held hands, giggled and drank coffee before heading home.

On the way, we stopped to buy pens and soup, and made friends with an old that went to Dublin once. He had the best jokes.

I couldn't have asked for a better day.

XO
Robbie

Follow my blog with Bloglovin